Evening Skincare Routine

Hello Everyone,

I had a little brain block about what to post today and so I thought I would give you a little insight into what skincare I use in the evening. I wear quite a lot of make up as I like a full coverage finish because I haven't got the best skin, however I know it's important to make sure that I get rid of all my make up in the evening to take care of and hopefully improve my skin! Therefore I have come up with a little routine that I have gotten quite good at sticking too...


I begin by taking my make up off with the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, previously I used Bioderma and I absolutely love that product, however when Garnier launched their own micellar water I thought I would give it a try and I'm really pleased with the way it gets my make up off and it's a lot easier to get hold of than Bioderma. Next I move on to cleansing my skin and for that I use the Clinique Take The Day off Cleansing Balm which I am really enjoying using; it doesn't break me out, doesn't have any funny smells and it thoroughly cleanses my skin. 

Then for toner I use the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Astringent Lotion Micro-Exfoliant, wow that is a mouthful! I do like this product but I'm not sure if it makes any real difference to my skin in terms of whether it's any different to other toners. One thing I will say though is even though it could be considered fairly pricey, it does last a long time and so you definitely get your money's worth. I use another product from La Roche-Posay for my moisturiser; Effaclar Duo. There are so many rave reviews about this product and so I thought I would try it out for myself, so far I am enjoying using it and I do think my skin has improved however I think that is based on establishing a good routine in general, not just because of this product.

Finally I use the Ren Active 7 Eye Gel which is a lovely, cool gel consistency that feels really nice under my eyes. My skin under my eyes is quite dehydrated and I put this down to using the Indeed Labs Eysilix as the formula is quite drying so I stopped using it. I already had this Ren eye cream as I previously used it just in the mornings, however I am looking at trying a new eye cream by Kiehl's after Zoella included it in her monthly favourites. If I have a little spot that needs combating I put a little bit of Origins Super Spot Remover which kills redness and reduces the size of the spot. Last but not least I coat my lips in Nivea Lip Butter Caramel Cream as this is the best lip balm I've ever used and it smells delicious!


This is just a few little things I use alongside my routine. This toweling head band is from Primark and I use it to keep my hair back from my face, cotton pads are pretty self explanatory and then I just use face cloths from Primark because they do the job and are good value. The jar I keep my cotton pads in is from Matalan and the flower around the top is part of a set from The Range.

Sorry this has been a bit of a wordy post, but once I get started on something I can talk forever! I hope you have enjoyed this post and if anyone would like me to do any individual reviews on the products included then just let me know.


0 comments:

LinkWithin

..

Hello

Hello

About

Hello I'm Bryony, 21 years old and I have recently completed my degree in Business Management and will be graduating with a 2:1. In my spare time I love shopping, watching YouTube videos and reading beauty blogs; so I decided it was time to begin my own. You can expect posts about fashion and lifestyle however the main focus will be make up and beauty as that is my first love. I hope you enjoy!

My blog is PR friendly so if you have any requests contact me on
bryony_l_j_godwin@hotmail.co.uk
Powered by Blogger.