Holy Grail Products

Hello Everyone,

Hope you are all well! Today I will be sharing with you some of my 'Holy Grail' products, i.e. the products that I couldn't live without! I also realised when putting this post together that these are some of my most re-purchased products too. There is a mixture of make-up and skincare and I hope you enjoy!

  
Starting with the make up bits; Benefit Porefessional is the best primer and I use it daily, I haven't used many primers as this was one of the first I tried and because it did the job for me I have continued to re-purchase. It works really well with my foundation of choice (more on that below) and the two together creates the perfect base for me. It isn't the cheapest product, being from Benefit, however I often purchase this online and use a discount code or buy it from Boots/ Debenhams to help build up my points cards! 

The Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation is something that I could never live without! I have honestly repurchased this about 6 or 7 times, seriously! My skin is not as oily as it used to be but I do have a few scars that I wish to cover up and this product does such a good job at that. Not only that but it literally stays all day which is something I definitely look for in a foundation. I do have a different foundation that I use for Summer which is more of a lighter coverage as when it is hot this foundation can feel a little bit heavy, nevertheless I love this product and will continue to repurchase because it never fails me!


The next products are some that don't need much introduction; Real Techniques brushes! I know everyone under the sun probably uses these brushes now and if you haven't heard of them, where have you been? When I first started getting into make up and watching make up tutorials on YouTube, most people used Mac make up brushes which are, in my opinion, really expensive! Therefore I was so pleased when Real Techniques products were released and started to appear on YouTube as they are a lot cheaper and readily available in Boots. There are no words to say how good these brushes are; they just apply products well whether that be cream or powder and they wash/ dry really well when you clean them. Trust me, if you don't have any then get some!

I have tried various mascaras over the years, some less expensive and some higher end however the Loreal Telescopic Mascara is one I come back to each time. To get the best results for my eyelashes I need to use a plastic comb like wand rather than a big bristle brush which is why this mascara works well for me.The formula is not too wet and not to dry so you can really shape your lashes to the desired finished but the product also dries fairly quickly once you have finished. A big thing for me is how quickly mascara drys out and luckily this one doesn't dry out too quickly which is one of the reasons why I think it is worth the money.

Lastly for make up products is my HD Brows palette; I was lucky enough to receive this in a Glossybox about a year ago when I used to be subscribed to them and thank god I did because it is the best product I have ever used for filling in my brows. The colours provided are all wearable colours and even if they don't match your brows the shadows can provide others uses. I apply mine with a small angle brush, no setting powder/wax and it stays in place all day. I could not recommend this product enough and I hope to be able to re-purchase it once it runs out (which is likely to happen soon :(  unfortunately!) 


Moving on to some skincare products now, with the first being the Pulp Friction Foamy Body Scrub by Soap and Glory. I first got this product one Christmas when S&G do their gift sets and I managed to bag the massive set worth £60 for only £30 in the boxing day sale! Since then I have probably repurchased this product about three or four times because I love it that much. It's a great product to use to exfoliate your body before applying fake tan or if you just generally like to keep your skin feeling smooth. The other thing I really like about this product is that it smells amazing, not only when you're using it but it lingers so you can smell subtly fruity all day.

The Clinique Cleansing Balm is another much raved about product which I decided to try. It was probably around late last year when I decided I wanted to really establish a morning/evening skincare routine (post here & here) and I wanted to try a balm cleanser. Initially I tried out the Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm which is a lovely product but it really didn't work well with my skin type and it broke me out into lots of tiny pimples. Obviously I stopped using it straight away and tried the Clinique one instead which I'm pleased to say not only cleared up that little outbreak but in general has helped to improve my skin over the time I have been using it. My skin is still not perfect and I am always looking for new products to try in the hope of improving its appearance but this balm has definitely worked wonders compared to what my skin used to be like.

Finally is the Origins Super Spot Remover which I deem to be a lifesaver! I have used this product for a couple of years now and first found it when I was desperate for something to help reduce the spots I was suffering from. It really helps to decrease the amount of redness and the size of the spot and although I don't have as bad skin as I used to I still use this product to sort out the odd breakout. I also have been able to find it at my local outlet village and so I can buy it for less than the recommended retail price.

So that's it, my little round up of 'Holy Grail' products. I hope you have enjoyed this post and maybe found a product that you would like to try. Now onto my exciting weekend plans which I mentioned in my last blog post; I am off to London this weekend with my sister to see One Direction at Wembley on Friday night and to see Wicked on Saturday night. I am so excited and we have lots of other things planned which I will include in a full blog post next week. I hope you will look forward to hearing all about our amazing weekend!






0 comments:

LinkWithin

..

Hello

Hello

About

Hello I'm Bryony, 21 years old and I have recently completed my degree in Business Management and will be graduating with a 2:1. In my spare time I love shopping, watching YouTube videos and reading beauty blogs; so I decided it was time to begin my own. You can expect posts about fashion and lifestyle however the main focus will be make up and beauty as that is my first love. I hope you enjoy!

My blog is PR friendly so if you have any requests contact me on
bryony_l_j_godwin@hotmail.co.uk
Powered by Blogger.